Monday, July 13, 2009

Read This For A Good Time

I appreciate those who vandalize bathroom stalls. Lightening up this hopefully eventless space with humor should be considered a public service to all. If I ever aquire a Wal-Mart or something, my employees will not paint over all graffiti, just the stuff they don't find humorous. It will encourage creativity in the defecating masses.

That being said, there's one thing I don't understand about the defacement set. Why do public toilets make people want to overthrow the government? Even in newly constructed facilities, the initial work of art always seems to be that stupid capital 'A' with the circle around it. I could maybe see someone doing this in a public rest stop or a bathroom in a library, since anarchists generally feel these shouldn't exist, but it's not like Taco Bell is getting federal bathroom funding. Even if this quarter-sized etching is located in its proper location, that is reaching previously unheard of levels in lazy protesting. I mean I've heard of people having epiphanies on the throne, but I can't imagine any of them containing this thought: "You make an excellent point, anonymous criminal. We should change our system of government!"

No comments:

Post a Comment